Answers. Results. Justice.
$17 million Jury Verdict - Surgical/hospital negligence
$3.650 million Jury Verdict - Surgical/hospital negligence
$3.650 million Jury Verdict -Surgical/hospital negligence
$6.275 million Settlement - Sexual Assaults by Hospital Employee
$2.5 million Jury Verdict - Surgical/hospital negligence
$1.2 million Settlement - Surgical error; medication error
$1.9 million Settlement - Birth Trauma
Jennifer joined Goethel Engelhardt, PLLC, in 2015 after devoting more than a decade of her legal career to the defense of medical professionals and institutions. Jennifer's experience defending malpractice claims affords her a unique perspective on how to effectively represent the devastating consequences of physician and institutional negligence while proactively avoiding any potential difficulties. Throughout her career, Jennifer has litigated a variety of matters in both state and federal court. Ms. Engelhardt is also an experienced appellate advocate.
Jennifer is a 1995 graduate of the University of Michigan Residential College, and a 2002 graduate of Wayne State University Law School, where she served as the editor-in-chief of the Moot Court program. While in law school, she earned the Walter Nussbaum Award for outstanding performance in the professional responsibility course.
Jennifer has repeatedly been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars in the field of medical malpractice, among other professional honors.
When she is not working, Jennifer enjoys spending time with her family. She has also been involved with the Susan G. Komen 3-Day, as a walker, crew member and volunteer.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Appellate Law
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate - 2002
- Honors: Walter Nussbaum Award
- University of Michigan Residential College, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts - 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- Contributor, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Torts: Michigan Law and Practice, Second Edition; Chapter 6: Health Care Malpractice.
- Contributor, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Michigan Causes of Action Form Book; Chapter 31: Health Care Provider Malpractice.
- Contributor, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Michigan Causes of Action Form Book, 2nd Edition (Early 2020); Chapter 8: Professional Malpractice Actions
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers, 2014 - 2019
- Rising Star by SuperLawyers, 2010, 2012, 2013
- DBusiness Top Lawyer, 2010, 2012
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- State Bar of Michigan
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Washtenaw Association for Justice
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
Past Employment Positions
- Oakland County, Law Clerk
- Wulfmeier & Ottenwess, PLC, Associate
- Mellon, McCarthy, and Pries, PC
- Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, PC, Troy, MI, Attorney and Shareholder (2011 ─ 2015)
- Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, PC (formerly Cox, Hodgman, Giarmarco, PC), Troy, MI, Associate Attorney (2005 ─ 2011)