Jennifer joined Goethel Engelhardt, PLLC, in 2015 after devoting more than a decade of her legal career to the defense of medical professionals and institutions. Jennifer's experience defending malpractice claims affords her a unique perspective on how to effectively represent the devastating consequences of physician and institutional negligence while proactively avoiding any potential difficulties. Throughout her career, Jennifer has litigated a variety of matters in both state and federal court. Ms. Engelhardt is also an experienced appellate advocate.
Jennifer is a 1995 graduate of the University of Michigan Residential College, and a 2002 graduate of Wayne State University Law School, where she served as the editor-in-chief of the Moot Court program. While in law school, she earned the Walter Nussbaum Award for outstanding performance in the professional responsibility course.
Jennifer has repeatedly been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Rising Stars in the field of medical malpractice, among other professional honors.
When she is not working, Jennifer enjoys spending time with her family. She has also been involved with the Susan G. Komen 3-Day, as a walker, crew member and volunteer.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Appellate Law
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate - 2002
- Honors: Walter Nussbaum Award
- University of Michigan Residential College, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Bachelor of Arts - 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers
- Rising Star by SuperLawyers
- DBusiness Top Lawyer, 2012, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Michigan Association for Justice
- State Bar of Michigan
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
Past Employment Positions
- Oakland County, Law Clerk
- Wulfmeier & Ottenwess, PLC, Associate
- Mellon, McCarthy, and Pries, PC