Morning sickness can plague a mother-to-be all day, preventing her from getting the nutrition she and her baby need.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists offers these suggestions to help soothe morning sickness:
- Make sure you get enough rest.
- Stay away from odors that upset your stomach.
- Instead of eating three large meals each day, eat five to six smaller meals throughout the day.
- Before getting out of bed, eat a few crackers to calm your stomach.
- Snack on protein-rich foods, such as yogurt.
- Skip foods that are greasy or high in fat.